Saturday, April 21, 2012

Salvador Dali walking his ANTEATER around Paris. Well, what else is really left to say with that one? I don't know where to go with this, mainly because I don't know whether I'm impressed or in fact depressed from this image. I mean come on, he's walking a marsupial(?) out of the metro, while stylishly  sporting a cane- simultaneously taking time to glance around with a look of, "What? What are you all staring at?" 

And, see, that's the kicker. It sure is bad ass and all, but why do I think it is a bit too cute, too show-offy to be respectably avant-garde and peculiar. 

Yes, of course I acknowledge the fact that the man lives in a world that he single handedly built. Sure, he practically colonized the subconscious (along with Freud, Rousseau, ect.) and rented a townhouse in purgatory. But I always felt that he is above spending zillions of dollars to have anteaters imported from Zimbabwe (probably not really where there from), knotting together a makeshift harness-leash, and forcing it to claw across the concrete and cobblestones of Paris for forty-five minutes. 

Eh, I guess I'll be eating my words if I make it big off of my art- get rich- and end up bungee jumping off of the Eiffel Tower just for the hell of it. Dream on you crazy dreamer, Dali. 

No comments:

Post a Comment